Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stretch Into Success



Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. What if they are a little course, and you may get your coat soiled or torn? What if you do fail, and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice. Up again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some people are more willing to experiment and take risks than others. We are all different, with unique strengths and weaknesses, which we use to create a comfort zone where our thoughts and behaviors define who we think we are.

Most people love their comfort zone and stay right there throughout their life. But stretching outside your comfort zone allows you to do things that you previously thought would be too difficult.

I started the Clickin' for Pennies experiment because I needed to make some money. I knew I wanted to use the internet, but I didn't know exactly how I would accomplish my goal. I did know that if other people are able to figure it out, then I could too.

Trying something new requires us to go outside of our comfort zone. This is, by definition, uncomfortable. But in that uncomfortable space is where we are forced to make a decision....are we going to keep going into the unknown or are we going to retreat back to what is comfortable.

If we keep going, we grow and stretch ourselves into a bigger person with new and improved skills.

Three simple steps will get you out of your comfort zone and on your way to more success.

1. Identify your goal. (My SMART goal is to make $100 per day using the internet by June 1, 2011).

2. Make sure the goal makes you stretch beyond your comfort zone. To be a stretch, the goal should be outside your current ability, but achievable. Define the particular part of the goal that would be uncomfortable (The stretch for me was using the internet to earn money. When I started this project I did not know how to make even one dollar on the internet, but I knew it was achievable because there are people doing it everyday).

3. Start working on your goal. Take the steps you can see and trust that by concentrating on your goal (holding it in your awareness)....new steps will also come into your awareness. The act of focusing is like shining a flashlight into the darkness....You'll be amazed at what you see that you didn't see before.

Choosing to register for one PTC site has opened a whole new world that I never knew existed. Making money on the internet turned out to be much easier than I thought. I'm so happy that I started this project. I hope that my experiment will encourage other people to try something new.

Clickin' for pennies may be out of your comfort zone, but believe me, it is easy to do.....and your going to love collectin' $$$$$$$.